Sensory odour testing for AqFresh
At Aqdot, we have a high level of expertise & technology available to our AqFresh™ customers in the area of advanced odour sensory testing.
Aqdot uses its own externally validated and trained expert sensory panel to assess the intensity of the untreated malodour control, the treated malodours and any fragrances present on a standard scale from 0-6, as well as the hedonic tone when relevant. For the automotive interiors, the VDA-270 standard industry test protocol is used.
The panel selection and training follow ISO6658 and ISO8586:2012. The test design follow ISO5495 or EN1375. The evaluation, interpretation and statistical analysis of the results follow ISO4121 and ISO 2854.
Type of results reported
Results are reported on a 0-6 intensity scale, along with their statistical significance.
For example, sensory testing of a fragranced deodorant with AqFresh™ showed a significantly greater fragrance intensity (and lower malodour intensity) when challenged with malodour after 24 hours.
NS = not statistically significant. *** = 99.5% confidence
Sensory odour testing benefits
• Understand your product’s odour-removal efficacy and the degree of improvement AqFresh™ delivers
• Externally-validated protocol for robust, reliable and consistent assessment
• Expert panel with trained olfactory assessors
Types of formulations tested
• Home & Pet Care – eg. air fresheners, fabric fresheners & cleaners, carpet cleaners, pet shampoos
• Personal Care – eg. aluminium-free deodorants, anti-perspirants, hair care products, feminine hygiene lotions & washes
• Nonwovens – eg. wipes, feminine hygiene pads & liners, baby and adult incontinence diapers, wound care dressings, and filters
• Automotive Interiors – eg. coated textiles (eg. door trim, car seat), plastic films (eg. dashboard), and nonwovens (eg. headliners)
Collaborate with us
We are looking to license & supply our technology to Speciality Chemical Companies, Manufacturers and others to bring ground-breaking innovations to market.
What odour elimination technology do you have?
Advanced Odour Elimination
A patented odour elimination technology for aqueous & powdered products, filters, fibres, coatings, textiles & nonwovens. REACH certified, with no hazard warnings for human health or the environment.
Advanced Fragrance Release
A new supramolecular smart fragrance-release technology. It binds fragrance in a formulation and releases it when triggered by humidity, heat, and pH, for an enhanced sensory experience.