Advanced Odour Elimination
AqFresh™ is a revolutionary new odour elimination technology for aqueous and powdered products, and can be incorporated into filters, as well as extruded into fibres, compounded into coatings, and formulated into finishing treatments for textiles & nonwovens in a range of industries.
The technology is REACH certified, has no hazard warnings for human health or the environment and is not a plastic.
A unique patented technology
This patented technology consists of cucurbiturils – barrel-shaped molecules that powerfully attract and capture odours to eliminate them. They act rapidly and keep on working for lasting freshness.
Cucurbiturils have a unique symmetrical structure, with a hollow, hydrophobic cavity and polar portals. AqFresh™ contains a mixture of cucurbit[n]urils (n =6, 7, 8) and each homologue has affinity for a variety of molecules. Thus, AqFresh™ has exceptional capability to bind a wide spectrum of molecules with different sizes and functional groups.
AqFresh™ has high chemical and thermal stability, is effective in solid and liquid formulations in a wide range of pH, and delivers instant & long-lasting effectiveness.
The science explained in 3D video
Key odour elimination benefits
• Proven in sensory and analytical testing, as well as in clinical trials, to significantly reduce malodours
• Effective on a wide range of different malodours (eg. sweat, urine, damp dog, chemical odours)
• Versatile & easy to formulate – AqFresh™ works in a wide range of environmental conditions – both wet and dry, in a wide range of pH and temperature. It can be formulated in both liquids and polymeric substances.
• Environmentally friendly, degradable under environmentally relevant conditions, awarded the Cradle-to-Cradle Material Health Certificate, antibacterial/metal-free, fragrance-free and skin-friendly
We are continually discovering exciting new applications for this breakthrough new odour elimination technology across a wide range of industries.
• Home & Pet Care – eg. air fresheners, fabric fresheners & cleaners, carpet cleaners, pet shampoos
• Personal Care – eg. aluminium-free deodorants, anti-perspirants, hair care products, feminine hygiene lotions & washes
• Nonwovens – eg. wipes, feminine hygiene pads & liners, baby and adult incontinence diapers, wound care dressings, and filters
• Automotive Interiors – eg. coated textiles (eg. door trim, car seat), plastic films (eg. dashboard), and nonwovens (eg. headliners)
AqFresh™ technology has proven efficacy against a broad range of malodours & VOCs including:
Human (sweat, vomit, faeces, urine, feminine hygiene)
Pet (dog & cat urine & faeces, sweat, damp fur)
Food (curry, chips, burger, fish)
Product/Chemical (recycled plastics post-consumer waste, formaldehyde)
Pollutants (SO2, NO2, acetaldehyde, benzene, xylene and toluene)
AqFresh™ is proven to significantly reduce malodours. It works fast and keeps on freshening over time.
It has proven efficacy against a broad spectrum of malodours, including faeces malodours which it reduces by 72% compared to a leading competitive technology (shown in gas chromatography analytical testing).
AqFresh™ removes 72% of a malodour compared to a leading competitor which only removes 6%
NS = not statistically significant. *** = 99.5% confidence
Collaborate with us
We are looking to license & supply our technology to Speciality Chemical Companies, Manufacturers and others to bring ground-breaking innovations to market.