Advanced Fragrance Release
What is it?
AqRoma™ is a revolutionary new supramolecular fragrance-release technology. It is pre-loaded with a fragrance and releases it in response to triggers such as humidity, heat, and pH enabling targeted cost-efficient delivery and an enhanced sensory experience.
Why is it needed?
Personal care and cosmetics formulators’ seek to formulate with fragrances to deliver a sensorial experience to the consumer. However they face challenges: in many formulations fragrances are not stable, do not endure all usage conditions (eg. in the washing machine) to give lasting freshness & aroma, and the loss of top notes leads to a poorer sensorial experience. This leads to excess fragrance use, driving higher costs and lower environmental-friendliness.
Why is it unique?
AqRoma™ contains our innovative patented technology, consisting of AqBit™ cucurbiturils – barrel-shaped molecules that encapsulate fragrance molecules and exchange them when triggered by the presence of malodour molecules (VOCs) which they powerfully attract and electrostatically capture to eliminate them. The AqBit™ cucurbiturils are pre-loaded with fragrance to deliver them in a cost-efficient, eco-friendly trigger-response mechanism.
What are its other benefits?
• Fast-acting, long-lasting, fragrance-release trigger mechanism developed with Cambridge University
• Effective odour-removal of a wide range of different malodours (eg. sweat odours, urine odours, damp dog odours, chemical odours, and other unpleasant smells)
• Delivers a cost-efficient, eco-friendly, premium sensory experience at all stages of the consumer usage experience
• Highly versatile – works in powder, liquid form, paper products, as a coating or in films and is effective in highly diluted aqueous formulations
• Environmentally friendly, biodegradable, Cradle-to-Cradle Platinum accredited, and delivering pure, delightfully scented clean air
What are its applications?
We are continually discovering exciting new applications for this breakthrough new fragrance-release technology across a wide range of industries including:
• Cosmetics, Feminine hygiene, Deodorants, Self tanning, Household cleaning & freshening, Pet care
• Professional cleaning & freshening for: Agriculture, Medical, Veterinary, Paint
How effective is it?
AqRoma™ has a highly efficient trigger-response mechanism delivering up to 4 times greater fragrance intensity than the fragrance control at 88% humidity.
(shown in sensory testing on the right).
What is the opportunity for our partners?
AqRoma™ is available for license & supply to manufacturers as either a powder or liquid for formulating into your products. We offer supporting formulating & sensory/analytical testing services.