Senior Formulation Technologist Homecare/Personal Care
BACKGROUND TO THE SITUATION
Senior Formulation Technologist: Taking a platform chemistry technology ‘from bench to market’ is rare and represents a huge challenges for innovators. The bars are set high with safety assessment, regulations, quality thresholds, long-established supply chains, and price/volume pressures. Commercialisation involves treading a fine line between profitability and scaling up production to accelerate growth.
Aqdot are bucking the trend. It’s not just about the great technology, its about scale and scaling. The team have learned how to make the technology at multi-ton scale; they have established and built strong collaborations with 100+ multi-national companies who all have pain-points that this revolutionary Chemtech can address. With products now in market, and more being developed by customers and collaborators, the dynamics are changing & getting more exciting by the day.
The platform technology has applications ranging from Personal Care to Life Sciences, from heavy industry to textiles, and the opportunity for value creation is what excites the team. Focus is crucial at this transformative stage, where the commercial team are leading a license and supply business model more akin to pharma or IT industries than the chemicals industry.
The Aqdot team has a very strong inclusive and diverse culture which has undergone transformation from internal invention (with a large suite of patents to show for it) to commercialisation and collaboration, where our partners can create new products that add value to consumers and the supply chain.
With a highly engaged board and venture funding, it’s a great time to join the team!
TITLE: Senior Formulation Technologist
LOCATION: Cambridge, UK
REPORTING LINE: Leadership Team Member
DURATION / CONTRACT: Full time.
Reporting to the CSO, the Senior Formulation Scientist will have the following responsibilities
1. Lead and manage within the Personal Care and Homecare Teams: Implement application of processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the team’s objectives. Supervision and delegation.
2. Assist in developing Aqdot products from concept to scale-up. Focus on areas of formulation and claims substantiation.
3. Collaboration with the commercial team identifying opportunities and translating customers’ needs into technical solutions and projects.
4. Support commercial with customer meetings, helping customers conceive of product benefits and claims, as well as enabling them to successfully formulate products for market faster.
5. Preparation of research reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; give presentations for both internal and external audience.
6. Identify IP opportunities and prepare patent documents.
7. Identify training opportunities and liaise with external consultants and contractors.
8. Other likely areas of involvement:
a. Some market analysis and assessment of commercial potential for the technology
• Extensive formulation and product development experience from either the household or personal care industries.
• Must be interested in the formulation of consumer products, either personal care or household products.
• Strong background in physical sciences with experience in analytical testing and claims substantiation.
• Generates alignment amongst teams
• Contributes to a high performing, fearless, results-orientated culture
• Hands on and entrepreneurial in style, comfortable with getting involved in all areas of the business with minimal support
Likely background and personal characteristics
• Intellectually strong and comfortable with complex problem solving
• Naturally engages with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
• Embraces opportunities for personal development
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.