Job Vacancy: People and Facilities Executive
BACKGROUND TO THE SITUATION
Position Profile – THIS VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Aqdot for a People & Facilities Executive. This pivotal role is central to the smooth running of the organisation, it ensures that Aqdot’s People, its key asset, are able to function to the highest possible levels in a safe and fit for purpose environment. By ensuring the smooth running of the office for all stakeholders, the team; the board and any visitors; managing contractors and supporting all ‘people’ activities. This includes and is not exhaustive to: Onboarding; events management; functional HR and participation and contribution to activities which support the strong culture and values at Aqdot.
This role will be providing vital support to the Head of People and Facilities in a fast passed high performing environment for an organisation that is at a pivotal point in its growth.
In this role you will be able to develop your skills in both the areas of HR and Facilities. Training and support will be given as you and the company grow. You will be exposed to a varied and wide range of activities and will play a central role in ensuring Aqdot is a welcoming and safe place to work and visit. More details are below.
The Role – People and Facilities Executive
LOCATION: Sawston, Cambridge, UK
REPORTING LINE: Head of People and Facilities
DURATION / CONTRACT: Full time.
Reporting to the Head of People and Facilities, the People and Facilities Executive will be at the heart of the Aqdot team. They will be responsible for the smooth running of the site, the office and support to all HR functions.
Summary of Job Purpose:
• Lead the smooth & efficient running of the Aqdot office and site, associated systems and processes for the benefit of all stakeholders. Provide HR support to the Head of People and Facilities and the team as needed.
• Ambassador for the company:
– First point of contact for welcoming and attending to visitor’s needs.
– Answering telephones, taking and passing on messages.
– Corresponding via e-mail as appropriate.
– Embracing the values and culture.
• Providing facilities & services support to the Head of People and Facilities for the office and lab environments including liaison with the landlord, facilities consultants, other occupants & contractors. i.e. cleaning, waste, shredding, handymen, repairs etc.
• Office lead and liaison for Security, Fire, First aid, Health & Safety.
• Diary management – Team
• Support to senior management team including travel (in liaison with travel agent).
• Support with timetabling, collation, editing and circulation of Leadership Team and Board Reports.
• Assisting with the co-ordination of face to face / video-based Board meetings and associated logistics.
• Arranging and co-ordinating internal and external meetings and functions.
• Assisting the Head of People and Facilities in organising and arranging activities which support a high performing culture and engaged teams.
• Ensuring the office and kitchen are well supplied and kept to a high standard.
• Opening and directing incoming & outgoing post and arranging for courier collections as and when required.
• Managing electronic and paper filing system for the company efficiently & effectively.
• Ensure HR records (including leave, sickness, international staff reporting) are current in liaison with Head of People and Facilities. Including migration to and electronic HR recording system.
• Analysis and reporting of HR metric data as required.
• Assisting with recruitment logistics and onboarding programmes for new recruits.
• Ad hoc administration as needed by Head of People and Facilities or the leadership team.
Job Vacancy: People and Facilities Executive
• Personable and credible ambassador for the company.
• Comfortable to take leadership and operate in an autonomous organisation.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads.
• Capacity to prioritise tasks, work under pressure and call on other resources to ensure timely delivery of tasks.
• Presence and confidence to interact with a variety of stakeholders.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Good IT understanding including Microsoft office.
• Problem solving skills and project management ability would be advantageous.
• Sensitivity to confidential and data protection obligations.
Likely background and personal characteristics
• Strong evidence of a “can do” approach with high energy, passion and resilience.
• Experience in office management or similar role desirable but not essential.
• Experience of performing in a fast moving, demanding environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels.
• Alignment with the Aqdot values.
• An organised proactive and caring mindset
• Is of the highest integrity, honesty and courtesy.
• Understanding of chemistry would be a bonus but certainly not essential. An inquisitive mind and passion to be part of a successful organisation would do just as well!
THIS VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED