Job Vacancy: Junior Technologist
BACKGROUND TO THE SITUATION
Job Vacancy: Junior Technologist: Position Profile
An exciting opportunity has arisen with Aqdot for a Junior Technologist to join the group. This key role will be a fundamental part of the organisation’s growth strategy. The Junior Technologist will report into the Process & Technology Lead/Regulatory & Innovation Lead and will support and lead key manufacturing, process development or product changes and innovation
TITLE: Junior Technologist
LOCATION: Unit 2 Iconix Park, London Road, Cambridge CB22 3EG with potential travel to manufacturers located in the UK, Europe and RoW
REPORTING LINE: Regulatory & Innovation Lead or Process & Technology Lead and Head of Operations as required
ROLE: Support and Deliver Manufacturing and Process Development Changes / Support
and deliver product regulatory and Innovation changes
Reporting to the Process & Technology Lead / Regulatory & Innovation Lead, the Junior Technologist will have the following responsibilities:
• Strong technical skills in chemistry/chemical processes to operate in a lab and plant environment; hands on chemistry/laboratory knowledge to test, run, trial processes, run analytics
• Support, and or lead, product development/integration, customer delivery and product & process introduction.
• Strong working knowledge of fundamentals; Mass/Energy balance, Process KPI’s, basic processing technologies (synthesis, isolation, drying, PSD adjustment etc) and process engineering principles.
• Ability to collate, create, understand, interpret, and use process and analytical data to drive process improvement and efficiency gains – attention to detail.
• Supports manufacturing issues and technically troubleshoots to ensure continuity of supply
• Supports / leads implementation of changes into the supply chain
• As required works closely with R&D and commercial leads ensuring customer needs are met ensuring smooth introduction into the operations team
• Working directly with relevant teams to integrate new production processes or improvements with existing or new manufacturers.
• Ensure quality processes are adhered/enforced to maintain GMP for processes and supply chain
• Ensure safe working practices within lab and manufacturing environments.
• Graduate / 1-2 years experience in a relevant Industrial Chemistry, Production, Process Development or Technology
• Strong academic background in industrial chemistry, process engineering or similar
• Ability to create, interpret and use datasets to develop knowledge based solutions.
• Project delivery / skills to adhere to self and project timelines and deliverables
• Ability to work across cross functional teams, bringing ideas and delivery together
• Keen attention to detail ensuring robust processing adhering to quality aspects
• Deep practical understanding of H&S
• Strong People and Leadership experience
• Hands on laboratory/manufacturing/production based experience
• Experience/Knowledge of process and product development (technology transfer and scale up would be an advantage)
• Knowledge of current and new chemical process unit operations
• Knowledge/Experience of analytical techniques, e.g. HPLC.
• Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels; verbally, in writing and in a group setting.
• Ability to work well in inter-disciplinary teams.
• Demonstrates and promotes openness; welcoming; listening to and accommodating others’ input.
• Excellent team worker.
• Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, at all levels and across all functions within and outside the organisation.
• Flexible, attention for detail.
• Result focussed, Reliable/consistent, Structured/Organized
• Pro-active, sharp/critical/challenging
• High degree of emotional intelligence.
• Seeking responsibility and accountability.
General leadership / Team
• Supports development and implementation of the broader company strategy
• Leads project and development activities
• Builds successful, technical and commercial relationships with key Aqdot partners
• Goals and delivery orientated with a strong customer focus
Likely Background & Personal Characteristics
• Alignment with the Aqdot values.
• A keen desire to grow and excel in a production or process development role and seeking an opportunity to grow the company.
• Inquisitive nature, wanting to understand and drive new product concept developments. With an understanding of the dynamic interaction between product and process requirements.
• Strong “can do” approach high energy, passion, resilience and commitment to drive growth.
• Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels, in addition to external partners.
• Is of the highest integrity, honesty and courtesy.
• A science/engineering background qualification, e.g. HND / Masters Degree from a technical College / University.
• Equivalent industrially gained, and demonstrated, experience in a lab/production/FMCG environment
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.